Terms & Conditions
IMPORTANT: THIS IS A BINDING AGREEMENT — YOU MUST AGREE BEFORE YOU PROVIDE US WITH ANY INFORMATION
We offer LexLaunch services at prices that we believe are competitive with web-based, non-lawyer providers. Unlike some other providers, we use licensed attorneys to offer legal services to clients.
However, in order to offer cost-competitive services, Lex Launch services are offered on a “limited representation.” This means you (the organizer of the LLC, or the “client”) and Denker Law Firm LLC (the firm offering Lex Launch services) agree that the firm is performing only specific tasks, at your direction. The firm must act in your best interest and give you competent help. However, the firm DOES NOT HAVE TO GIVE MORE HELP than the firm and you agreed, and the firm DOES NOT HAVE TO HELP WITH ANY OTHER PART of your legal matter. If you request the Firm to perform additional services not covered by our agreement, we cannot agree to do them without another written agreement setting out the additional services.
While performing the limited legal services, the firm: (1) is not promising any particular outcome related to an LLC’s operation or taxation; and (2) relies entirely on your requests and/or statement of facts and will not make any independent investigation unless expressly agreed to in writing in this document.
If short-term limited representation is not reasonable, a lawyer may give advice, but will also tell you of the need to get more or other legal counsel. We, the firm, agree to help you by performing the following limited services listed below and no other service, unless we revise this agreement in writing:
FOR THE “Simple” PLAN, WE WILL:
(1) File with the appropriate agency of the state you choose, articles of organization for a single-member limited liability company.
(2) Obtain a certificate of organization from the appropriate agency of the state you choose.
FOR “Basic” PLAN AND THE “Standard” PLAN, WE WILL ALSO:
(3) If we obtain appropriate authorization, we will obtain a Federal tax identification number (or EIN Number) for the new entity.
(4) We will provide you, in electronic format, an operating agreement, suitable for signing and drafted to comply with the law of the state you choose that is applicable to a a single-member, member-managed limited liability company, which includes provisions applicable to many LLCs. Unless provided elsewhere in this agreement, we will not give you additional advice concerning the document.
(5) We will transmit copies of documents filed and obtained on behalf of the entity in steps 1-4 above, to the email address you indicate.
(6) FOR THE BASIC PLAN we will Arrange for you to meet (in person, by phone, or at your option, video conference) with one licensed attorney, for up to 15 minutes. The attorney will talk with you concerning the legal structure of the business, how to legally run your business, and (at that meeting) offer advice concerning changes or additional legal services that may be appropriate in your situation.
(7) FOR THE STANDARD PLAN we will arrange for you to meet (in person, by phone, or at your option, video conference) with two licensed attorneys, for up to 45 minutes. The attorneys will talk with you concerning your business plan, the legal structure of the business, how to legally run your business, and (at that meeting) offer advice concerning changes or additional legal services that may be appropriate in your situation.
The COMPLEX PLAN is for businesses facing complex issues, and is not offered on the limited legal services basis described in this document. Please contact our firm and arrange a meeting with an attorney. WE WILL NOT PERFORM ANY SERVICES UNDER THE COMPLEX PLAN UNTIL WE REACH A WRITTEN AGREEMENT CONCERNING THE SCOPE OF OUR SERVICES.
- We are not responsible for delays or service outages at the Secretary of State or other appropriate agencies.
- You are choosing to form an LLC in a particular state, and the choice is based on your request, and not based on our recommendation.
- You have not made any representations concerning a desired tax status or eligibility for the entity.
- You agree to cooperate fully with us in our work, by, among other things, providing us with truthful information.
- You agree that our services and this agreement are complete upon completion of the steps above, and that our representation of you will automatically terminate at that time.
- You understand that the name of the LLC may not be available, or may need to be modified to comply with state law.
- You consent to the Firm’s public disclosure of the fact that you are a client of the Firm.
24-Hour Cancellation Policy. By submitting the following questionnaire and payment for our services, you are agreeing to hire lawyer to organize an LLC in the state of Missouri. You have 24 hours from the time of submission to cancel your request. Any refunds will be for the full purchase price minus any already incurred expenses, which includes but is not limited to all payment processing fees or filing fees.
Conflicts/Rejection. The rules of our profession may require us to reject a particular representation, or we may deem a rejection prudent or advisable. You understand that we may reject representation of you at any time.
No Tax Advice. You understand and agree that we are not providing any tax advice, and are not providing a recommendation of what state your business should incorporate in. If you are seeking tax advice as a part of your consultation with the attorney, please return to the Home page and make sure you select the “Complex” plan. Tax advice will only be provided in person. To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.
No Copyright/Trademark Advice. You understand and agree that we are not providing you with any copyright, trademark, or intellectual property advice with respect to the formation of the entity (unless described in a written amendment to this agreement). A particular name may not be available in a given state, and a name that is accepted by a state agency may be restricted by other applicable law, like copyright or trademark. For example, “Coca-Cola LLC” may be available in a given state, but other applicable law will likely limit your use of that name. We are not providing you with any advice concerning the name of the entity.
Approval of Using Electronic Communications. We do provide the appropriate safeguards to provide secure transmission of your information. However, please note that electronic communication may not be a secure method of communication, (2) any electronic message that is sent to you or by you may be copied and held by various computers it passes through as it goes from sender to recipient, (3) persons not participating in our communication may intercept our communications by improperly accessing your computer or my computer or even some computer unconnected to either of us which the e-mail passes through. We are communicating electronically because you consent to receive communications via this medium. If you change your mind and want future communications to be sent in a different fashion, please advise us at once.
Client’s Consent. I have read this Notice and Consent form and I understand it. I agree that the legal services listed above are the ONLY legal services to be provided by the firm. I understand and agree that the firm who is helping me with these services is not my lawyer for any other purpose and does not have to give me more legal help. If the firm is giving me advice or is helping me with legal or other documents, I understand the firm will stop helping me when the services listed above have been completed.